About the role
Currently, we're looking for Senior Frontend Developers to join HUBUC to help us build our next generation customer-facing financial applications using the latest web technologies, on a new Nuxt 3 based frontend architecture.
You will help define the technical deliverables of the projects, and implement those deliverables in a maintainable, professional and rational way.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Help build the foundation of our new Nuxt 3 based frontend web application.
- Assure quality via testing, validating data and implementing best practices.
- Support API development together with backend team.
- Provide input for technological development of applications. e.g. architecture, refactoring.
- Discuss solution proposals and roadmaps with team and line manager.
- Collaborate with product, design and other engineers to ensure a high-quality implementation.
- Build new user-facing features with beautiful and scalable UI components.
- Improve frontend performance.
- Work on accessibility best practices.
- Comfortable working with remote teammates and collaborators, only reachable online.
- Work from our office in Barcelona, with probably the best view of the Port.
- Fully proficient in English, written and spoken.
Required Technical Skills
- Extensive experience with frameworks like Vue.js/Nuxt.js (Composition API) or React/Next.js.
- Experience with node.js.
- Experience with XHR/AJAX requests and dealing with JSON, XML and HTML responses.
- Experience with GraphQL and libraries like Apollo Server and Apollo Client.
- Solid understanding of system architecture and data modelling.
- Solid experience with automated frontend testing (unit tests, integration tests, end-to-end tests).
- Attention to code quality, modularity, and performance.
- Desire to use a modern standards approach through development, automation and testing.
- Experience with CSS and CSS preprocessors like Sass (SCSS).
- Strong mobile-first mindset and experience building high-quality, responsive layouts.
- Comfortable to test for compliance and compatibility cross-browser, cross-platform and cross-device.
- Comfortable writing comprehensive code documentation.
Other Desired Knowledge
- Experience implementing and maintaining Frontend designs systems.
- Able to create accessible user interfaces that put user needs first. Test components and pages against accessibility standards.
- Understand how web performance can impact users. Able to solve problems to improve performance. Use different sources of data to monitor and identify performance issues.
- Comfortable with Development Environment Virtualization (Docker).
Note: Don't meet every single requirement? We're dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive team, so if you're excited about the role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with the description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate.
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious Fintech company building Core Infrastructure for financial services.
- Work from our Barcelona office with the best view to the marina.
- Work in a meaningful industry and in a fast-growing, global company.
- Talented and engaged colleagues in an international environment.
- Flexible working hours.
- Culture that supports work-life balance.
- Team that values diversity and inclusion.
- M1 MacBook Pro (or another laptop of your choice), external monitor and any other devices you need for the job.
- Budget for your personal professional development.
- Company-paid team retreats.
Who are we?
HUBUC is a single API that enables businesses to embed financial services into their products - think AWS for financial services.
With HUBUC, companies like Tesla and Salesforce can offer their millions of passionate customers financial products by plugging into our API.
Growing rapidly with more than 11 nationalities, we are obsessed with banking infrastructure, compliance, and Technology. As founders, this is our 4th Fintech product, we know the pain of building Fintech firsthand, and we are on a journey to democratize financial service globally.
We are backed by the prestigious Y Combinator and have been funded by top-tier venture capital firms.
"Everyone is welcome here" — it's a celebrated component of our culture. At HUBUC, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. Therefore, all qualified applications will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We look forward to your application!